Wednesday, May 26, 2010

nationals

a few weeks ago I competed in the NZ cycling nationals, for the first time as a Vet 1. (far prefer the 140km distance we did v's the 180km the senior men did!)
anyway, with the bare minimum training that I mangage to squeeze in, I managed to stay with the main part of the peleton, and finished 7th. I did try a few little escapes off the front in the first 1/2 of the race, and then thought better of it when my body started complaining about the lack of training... eventually a break of 2 went up the road by about 3mins, and then one other chase group got away in the last 1/2 of the last lap and got about 45sec up the road. I sprinted what was left of the peleton (about 12 of us) for 3rd in the bunch, and 7th overall.
pretty chuffed with that, considering the lead up.
here are some photos from the day.
someone in our race decided to have a rest so he hung his bike up on the fence. (may not have been intentional...)

No comments:

looking at me?

looking at me?