Monday, February 20, 2006

Silence

As a parent I am quickly learning that silence has several meanings. Silence can be good, ie: it can mean that Ella is asleep, or that Ella is having a feed with Mum. But I am also learning that Silence can mean something is up, or someone is up to no good…

I was packing the car to go away for the weekend on Friday morning, and Ella was happily playing with her toys in the lounge. As I was just through the door in the hall I could hear her tinkering away and I looked in on her through the window each time I went out to the car. As I was putting some towels into a bag to take, I noticed that there were no tinkering noises coming from the lounge anymore, so interested to see what was keeping her attention so completely, I went to investigate.
Now the previous evening, Mum and Dad had enjoyed a few chocolate hazelnuts while watching some TV, the remaining few in the box had been left on the coffee table. You can guess the rest, Ella had found the box, found the chocolates inside, and had managed to get 5 in her mouth at once! The only thing is I don’t know if the silence was due her trying to keep it quiet so she could finish the box with out me noticing, or the inability to talk with so much chocolate in her mouth!

Caught!!!

No comments:

looking at me?

looking at me?