Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Elf


Under a toadstool

Crept a wee Elf,

Out of the rain,

To shelter himself.

Under the toadstool,

Sound asleep,

Sat a big dormouse,

All in a heap.


Trembled the wee elf,

Frightened, and yet

Fearing to fly away

Lest he get wet.

To the next shelter ---

Maybe a mile!

Sudden the wee elf

Smiled a wee smile,

Tugged till the toadstool

Poppled in two.

Holding it over him,

Gayly he flew


Soon he was safe home,

Dry as could be.

Soon woke the dormouse ---

"Good gracious me!"

"Where is my toadstool?"

Loud he lamented.

--- And that's how umbrellas

First were invented.

What do you mean there is an Elf under there Poppa? I can't see any Elf, I think you must be telling me stories... Elves under toadstools what will Poppa come up with next??

No comments:

looking at me?

looking at me?