Saturday, March 03, 2007

Birthday Blog

Sorry for the delay, but somehow Blogspot assumed that this was a Spam Blog, and blocked me from posting anything for a week or so, until I could prove that this was not Spam, and instead good natured Blogging about the goings on in this household...

And it's been a busy old week or so since I last updated.

Ang's parents stayed for a week, and were pivotal to getting the kitchen/dining floor finished before the weekend. After my parents had stayed the previous weekend, and Dad and I had made a good start on it, Barry and I then spent Wednesday night, most of Thursday and then Friday morning getting the rest of it finished... Looks so much better than what was there previously.
Nothing like working to a deadline for getting the pressure on to finish something.

Then we spent Friday evening and Saturday morning preparing for Ella's Birthday party on Sunday. Setting up the back yard in the theme of Winnie the Pooh, including a house made of sticks for Eeyore, a Bee tree with bee's in (thanks to Uncle Cole) Mr Saunders House/Pooh's house thanks to a big cardboard box and some packing tape, The sandy pit where Roo plays, Christopher Robins house, etc etc, Barry had a great time with the paint brush and the Winnie The Pooh book, re-creating the '100 akre wood' in our back yard...

Then I packed my Mountain bike, and Mum and I went to Rotorua, Mum visited her elderly Aunty Betty, and I met up with Mike and Yvoine for a 24hour mountain bike race. (Click on the link to see results page, our team was called 'Oz Kiwi Frenchie NZO NZO!' and the results for our team is about 1/2 way down the pdf results page.) They had started without me at midday, and the race continued till midday on sunday obviously, I arrived in time to do the 6th lap, and then the 5 of us in the team took it in turns to continue to log laps of the circuit through the forest, right through the night. Laps took about 30mins, so it was a case of riding for 30 mins, then resting and eating for 2 hours, and then back into the riding again for 30mins. Our team did well, with Yvoine doing laps just as fast as the rest of us, we soon took time out of all the other mixed teams, and by the time I left just before dawn the team was almost 4 laps up on our closest rival in the section we were racing in. I didn't feel to guilty then leaving the 4 of them to complete the last 7 hours, as they were about 2 hours riding time ahead of the next team... no pressure. Mum drove home, and I had a cat nap in the car, knowing that there was still a big day ahead of me at home...

once we got home (at 8.45) there was a few last minute things to clean up and organise for the party, which then got underway by 10.
Ella on her new bike for her birthdayElla blowing out the candles on winnie the pooh cakeAng Ella and Grandma MargaretElla and her friends from village kids Samantha and Maia
The new see-saw that Poppa made for Ella
Ella doing the slip and slide with sophie in the back ground hosing everone with the hose...
lachie and lily getting in the slip and slide action

No comments:

looking at me?

looking at me?